In just one year, a new study shows, obesity rates have shot up across the country.
Why are Americans so fat? Here are my reasons...feel free to add your own.
- 22% of Americans did not do any physical activity in the past month.
- Our government subsidizes high fructose corn syrup. It is cheap and in everything!
- No one cooks anymore. Fast food is fat food.
- Kids have too many choices. (remember when mom cooked something you didn't like? You picked at it and got away from the table fast)
- We have huge portions. Rent the movie "Supersize Me" and you will be shocked.
- Food is available everywhere...all night markets, fast food on every corner, snacks at every office, cupcakes and candy at every holiday/school birthday.
- We eat too fast. In other countries they chew and relax. We work.
- Stress hormones affect metabolism. We need to chew and relax.
- Cheap food is fat food. Poverty and obesity go hand in hand in America.
- TV, Computer games, Play Station.
- Kids are restricted from playing freely outdoors.
- We eat more than we burn.