Monday, April 28, 2008

I Love Health Blogging


I love being a health care blogger. Friends and family and acquaintances ask me why I blog. "Do you get paid to blog" The answer is No. "Is it hard to blog?" The answer is No. "How do people find you?" The answer is "I don't always know". Some people have told me they pass an interesting blog on to friends. I think that is "viral marketing". I have return visitors that bookmark the page or sign up for google alert. Most people find me when they google a certain topic. I am happy to say EverythingHealth is often at the top of the google page on a subject. I am not sure why, but I hope it is because my facts are researched and credible. I don't rant and rave on my blog and I keep it non-political (Although I am a VERY political person with strong opinions).

So why do I blog? I was blessed to receive a fantastic medical education and as a general Internist my medical knowledge is vast. I read constantly and try to think of subjects that would be of interest to everyone. I appreciate a free program called "statcounter" that tracks visits and even shows me a map of visits.

Yesterday I had visits from Latvia ("Do Drs. make too much money?") from Islamabad ("Top 10 drugs"), from Dubai ("Medical quiz"), from Korea ("Dash diet for hypertension") from Philippines ("Worst scams"), from Singapore ("Hair myths"), from Estonia, Paris, Poland and the UK. And of course, visits came from almost every state in the U.S.

The idea that someone in Dubai or Beijing is reading my blog is thrilling. I imagine someone who speaks a different language, has different customs and religion, sitting at their computer and we are sharing a human bond of knowledge and that brings us closer together. That is why I blog.


To receive an email link to EverythingHealth blog, just sign up at Google Alert.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. Thanks for doing it and keeping it real.

Cynthia Chiarappa said...

Toni, I love your blog. I started blogging as well and am having a lot of fun- check it out! :-)
www.cynthialisa.typepad.com
(In fact, I even link your blog from mine!)

Cary said...

Love your blog, too, T. I learn something every time I come here. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Very fortunate for those of us who love reading your blog, that you
love health blogging!!
You present important, valuable,crediable information in a faciaating, fun,creative, genuine way! An unusal mix.
Thank you for all your time and work on it!
Kellie

lotto said...

Thanks to the owner of this blog. Ive enjoyed reading this topic.

jackpot said...

To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?