Friday, August 15, 2008

Today's Medical Quiz

This week's New England Journal of Medicine challenge is good. What is the diagnosis for this lady's hand. Hint: it is common. (click on image for a better view)
1. Psoriatic arthropathy
2. Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
3. Osteoarthritis
4. Gout
5. Rheumatoid arthritis

The answer will be posted tomorrow. If you don't might learn something.

Hey, It's a full moon tonight!!


Anonymous said...

3. Osteoarthritis

Kate said...

No question: seen it's gout. You can almost see those white deposits trying their best to extrude from the tophus!

Anonymous said...

#1 Psoriatic arthropathy (I think???)

Raymond Bouchayer said...

Number 1 , but let me call my Doctor to make sure :)

Christine said...

As a person afflicted with RSD and seeing it at its worse on me and its even worse on other peoples pictures, I can say that that is not it. :) However, I could be wrong. :(

Now my guess will be 5. RA, I am making this guess based soley on commercials discussing RA. LOL

Fun site.


nt said...

It is Osteoarthritis .Heberden and Bouchard nodes.