Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Medical Challenge - What's the Diagnosis?
This is a great challenge from the New England Journal of Medicine. These two are identical twins but look quite different. The one on the right has an endocrine disorder. What is it? The answer will be posted tomorrow. Click on the image for a closer view.
1. Acromegaly ( high growth hormone -giantism)
2. Addison's disease (low cortisol)
3. Cushing's syndrome (high cortisol)
4. Hypogonadism (low testosterone)
5. Hypothyroid (low thyroid)
Posted by Toni Brayer, MD at 5:05 PM