Thursday, February 26, 2009

Medical Challenge - What's the Diagnosis?

The New England Journal of Medicine diagnostic challenge is aimed at physicians but anyone can play. This patient has skin lesions (click on image for a better view) that are non-tender, non-itchy and slowly growing. What lab test would cinch the diagnosis?
1. 17-hydroxyprogesterone
2. Angiotensin-converting enzyme
3. Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibody
4. Prolactin
5. Vitamin B6
The answer will be posed on Friday.


Raymond Bouchayer said...

#3 , just because Dr. Toni

Anonymous said...

I don't really know. the photo is interesting and it looks like leprosy to me but I don't know what the test would be. I'll guess #3 also

tracy said...

Vitamin B 12 It looks like a kind of severe case of it?

tracy said...

oops, make that B6...see why, for numerous reasons, i'm not (sniff) a physican...? ;)

Susan said...

#2...because it looks as if the blood vessels/capillaries are being impacted.

Anonymous said...


Invertir en oro said...

I think it's important that we all know a little about this subject so interesting, I think it's part of human culture tell us about such things.
Invertir en petroleo

muebles en huesca said...

This won't have effect in reality, that's exactly what I think.