I love to dream and often enjoy pondering my dreams and trying to interpret what they mean. Some people say they never dream. We know that everyone dreams but some people don't have any recall of dreaming. Here are some tips that can help you recall dreams and bring your unconscious into consciousness:
- Try to awaken naturally without the help of an alarm clock. If you do need an alarm clock, put a reminder on it so you see it first , "remember your dream".
- Place a pad and pen, laptop or tape recorder next to your bed and record what you remember as soon as you wake up.
- If you do remember a dream, try to make a connection between the dream and recent events. Look for themes or patterns.
- Try to change the dream by remaining in that barely awake zone before you fully wake up and "daydream" a different outcome. This is called lucid dreaming.
- Dream memories are often fragmented. Think about the fragments to train your mind to recall dreams in detail.
- Try to sleep without sleep aids or alcohol. Make sure you are allowing enough time for sleep.