Gee, I read that the abortion foes don't know what to do with their time and energy now that Dr. Tiller has been murdered and buried. After years of stalking him and his employees, blocking the clinic entrance and offering free sonograms to pregnant women so they can show them pictures of bloody fetuses, the pro-choice protesters don't know what to do next. Their "Choices Medical Clinic", which opened next door to Dr. Tiller's medical offices, may not get much business with its "free sonogram' offer and the organization is looking for new direction.
Now that Dr. Tiller is gone and his clinic is shuttered, I have some suggestions for the hundreds of pro-life advocates to make good use of their energy and dedication. Both men and women can get involved.
- Preventing child abuse. There are a number of organizations to join and they would be happy to have your energy and help
- Support foster parenting. So many children are here and need parenting.
- End domestic violence. Domestic violence includes physical and emotional abuse against women, children and even pets and it crosses all socioeconomic barriers. Lots to do here!
- Prevent animal cruelty and violence. Have you seen those puppy mills? The abused farm animals? The abuses that still go on with experimental animals? They could use your passion and volunteerism.
- Teach a child to read. Did you know our schools are in trouble across America? Many children could benefit from a volunteer to help tutor them with reading. Rather than holding signs all day, this might be a better use of your time. Try it.
- Adopt a child. There are millions, yes millions, of unwanted children who would love to have a home. It takes real skill and passion to raise a child into a happy, fulfilled adult. This is something we should all be interested in supporting.