Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Awesome Toilets- Why Don't We Have Them?
The toilet is one of the most important inventions for good health and comfort. But, except for pulling a chain vs. pushing a handle...not much has changed in the last 100 years in the United States. Since it is a device that is used by 100% of us several times a day...you would think it would be a technology ripe for innovation.
Leave it to the Japanese. They have a loo that can do all of these things for the user:
* Cleanse “front and back” with three separate streams of water
* Dry “front and back” with air blowers
* Warm the seat
* Automatically put down the seat (a feature cleverly dubbed the “marriage saver”)
* Illuminate itself with a programmable nightlight
* Monitor medical conditions by preforming urine tests
* De-ionize the air to remove odors
* Play a soothing waterfall or birdsong soundtrack “to drown out embarrassing noises.”
If you are into saving the environment (...and aren't we all?), the new toilet means you don't need to squeeze the Charmin as much and they are better at consumption of water. (By the way...have you checked out the price of toilet paper these days? Talk about price inflation.)
I think it is time for us to get some state- of- the- art commodes. Bring on the Toto Toilet!
We all know that Emergency Departments are over-crowded with long waits and exorbitant fees. Free standing Urgent Care is a great solu...
image from myaspiebrain Nothing like experiencing a medical condition first-hand to really help a doctor understand it from the patient...
The answer to yesterday's Image Challenge was #2 - Fordyce's angiokeratomas. Like many unusual medical names, the condition was...