Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blog Plagiarizing

I was just alerted by a fellow blogger (thanks, Yesmeen) that another site is stealing my posts and posting them as if it is their content. The blogs are completely posted, titles, graphics and all, on this other site that has health advertising also. There is no contact info so I cannot contact the blog administrator.

Blogging is a passion and a hobby for me and I spend a great deal of time researching the information I post to make sure it is accurate and as clearly written as possible. I also try to think of topics that are of interest to a wide variety of readers.

With permission, I allow my material to be re-printed at other credible sites because my goal is to educate and reach even more readers. Those sites attribute my blogs to EverythingHealth.

If anyone knows how to top this practice, I would be grateful to have information.


Linda Leighton said...

That is unconscionable!! As a former English teacher, I abhor plagiarizing. Wish I could help you, but I don't know how.

Bolina Stretta said...

You need to contact their Internet Service Provider, their web site hosting service, their blog service, and send them a "cease and desists" letter written up by a lawyer with expertise in copyright law.

If you need any more info, feel free to email me, or live a not on my blog.

Healthnut said...

You can try using this.

I know you how you feel. That's why I don't blog much.

Jonathan said...

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

Knitted in the Womb said...

My blog was similarly plagerized, though I think there was some obscure reference back to my blog. I've heard of it happening to other bloggers. It is annoying. :-(

Sonnet said...

Dear Dr
copyscape is useful
best wishes

bathmate said...

Excellent posting...I appreciate this blog....
nice posting for this site.i love to see this kind of pages