Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Weeks Worth of Food











Universoul Productions has compiled a fascinating look at what one family from different countries eats during one week. Take a good look at the family size and diet of each country. I found this amazing. Starting at the top:
#1 - Chad, cost $1.23 U.S.
#2- Bhutan, cost $5.03 U.S.
#3- Ecuador, cost $31.55 U.S.
#4- Egypt, cost $68.53 U.S.
#5- Poland, cost $151.27 U.S.
#6- Mexico, cost $189.09 U.S.
#7- United States $341.98 U.S.
#8- Germany, $500.07 U.S.
#9- Italy, $260.11 U.S.

I think the photos and the cost of food speak for themselves. Which country has the best diet?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Did you notice how much soda some people consume? It is hard to believe the Chad family can live on so little grain. A real eye opener.

Bolina Stretta said...

Astonishing. What bothers is the almost constant presence of soda drinks. The Italian family has 2 cartons of cigarettes behind them.

I would say that the Egyptian family seems to have a fairly balanced spread. Germans have way too much beer and pork. The Italian family is not bad, if you cut out all the soda and the smokes... As for the African family,we should all be ashamed. I have been there, I have seen it.

sunnydalai said...

I think Japan was missing. The U.S. definitely has the most packages; that can't be a good sign. I like to see a wide variety of fresh foods, even if it does have some meats in it.

subliminal said...

What a cool post, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Sorry but German families do not spend $500 a week on food. Perhaps they misunderstood and thought it was a month. Germans do not drink milk and the source here has 7 liters for one week. Out of the question. As an American who lives in Germany and very close to where this family is from, I say something is wrong with this picture.

Toni Brayer MD said...

Anon 10:45: I went back to my original source (Universoul) to see if I posted it wrong but it does say Germany at that U.S. price. Maybe the "milk" is juice or something. Some juices do come in milk type cartons. Anyway just look at it in the spirit of the consumption and choices. Thanks

Sonnet said...

I think Egypt and Italy are similar.
As their meals contain well organized food formula.
Thanks for this delecious post.