Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Should Santa Get a Flu Shot?

When you think about occupational hazards, it seems that Santa might be at a big disadvantage during holiday season. He is in constant contact with kids and babies crawling on his lap, whispering close to his face and coughing and sneezing. Santa better have a rock solid immune system or make sure he got both seasonal and H1N1 flu vaccine this year!

I wonder what the rate of illness is for shopping mall Santa?


KM said...

But I didn't see Santa on high risk priority list of who can have the H1N1 shots with the shortage. You are right they should update and add him to their list.

Molly's Mom said...

KM - good point! Santa should definitely get both flu vaccines! I am a speech pathologist working with my state's infant/toddler program - so I go into homes to provide services. I was able to get my H1N1 vaccine (just today) b/c I was considered an educator (so not high priority) - but it seems to depend on the person you're talking to!

StorytellERdoc said...

Great post and so true. Did you ever read David Sedaris' take on being an elf at Macy's? Everytime I see Santa in the news about the H1N1, I think of him and bust a gut.

Nice site. I will be following.

Toni Brayer, MD said...

StorytellERdoc: Oh yes, I did hear that David Sedaris tale on NPR. It was so funny.