Sunday, January 24, 2010

Haiti Help


Photo credit to Operation Rainbow, Photographer Mike Lee.

Instead of writing a blog for EverythingHealth today, I am linking readers to the Sutter Helps Haiti blog that I have been writing. The medical volunteers that are on the ground make for interesting writing and reading. The medical issues that victims of the earthquake are facing will change as the days go on.

The initial amputations for crush injuries are about over...now broken bones are being pinned with good orthopedic equipment and skilled surgeons. The problems with infections persist and the aftercare for patients will be prolonged. It takes about 6 months for an amputee to learn to cope and the only prosthetic manufacturer in Haiti was destroyed in the earthquake. Prosthetics and physical therapy will need to be imported.

The fact that many patients have no homes or family to care for them is the biggest issue medics face now. The medics are serving as family and shelter at this time for thousands of people.

This story will be with us for a long time.

4 comments:

link wheel said...

Your weblog is fine. I simply need to touch upon the design. Its too loud. Its doing way an excessive amount of and it takes away from what youve bought to say --which I feel is de facto important. I dont know if you happen to didnt suppose that your phrases could hold everyones attention, however you have been wrong. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

linkwheel said...

I used to be wondering if you want to be a guest poster on my web site? and in trade you may include a link your submit? Please reply whenever you get a chance and I will ship you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

I used to be wondering should you would be taken with becoming a guest poster on my blog? and in trade you could possibly put a hyperlink the put up? Please let me know once you get an opportunity and I will send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there are not a lot good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

I was wondering if you want to be a visitor poster on my web site? and in trade you possibly can include a hyperlink your publish? Please reply whenever you get an opportunity and I will send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like this.