Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ten Things You Didn't Know Are In the Health Care Bill


The health reform bill is 1,017 pages long but it contains a lot that will have an impact on Americans. I am one who believes we had to come into the 21st century and join with the rest of the civilized nations in beginning to provide health care to all citizens. You be the judge. Here are 10 things I bet you didn't know know are in the new Health Care Bill:
  1. Menu labeling. Restaurants with over 20 employees must include calorie counts and other nutrition information on the menu.
  2. SWAG reporting. Doctors must report valuable goodies they receive from health vendors.
  3. Right to Pump. New moms must be given space and time to pump. (for large employers over 50)
  4. Research. The bill includes research for post partum depression
  5. Tan tax. There is a 10% tax on tanning booths
  6. Adoption Credit. Adoptive parents receive tax credits to encourage adoption.
  7. Research. The bill includes research for Indian health studies.
  8. Safety. The bill includes required background checks for long term care workers.
  9. Right wing. The bill includes required abstinence education.
  10. Transparency. Employers must show on the W2 what is the employer and employee contribution for health care.
Fox News ("fair and balanced") has said that it's "what you don't know that can hurt you". Fox also said that "42% of doctors said they would quit or retire if Health Care Reform became law". It is time to stop the fear mongering, lies and deception and understand just what this reform will (and won't do) for the American public.

13 comments:

MtnMama said...

Excellent post, Dr Toni! I am so disgusted and discouraged by the climate of FEAR and the inability of people to discuss anything in a rational manner.

I don't know how anyone who has been in a medical situation without insurance could be against health care reform. This is a step in the right direction.

sharon said...

This is a very interesting blog and so i like to visit your blog again and again. Keep it up.

Sharon


http://www.bukisa.com/articles/268642_tips-for-abdominal-bloating

link wheel said...

I have been trying to Gain entry to this website for a while. I was using IE then once I tried Firefox, it worked just effective? Simply needed to convey this to your attention. This is actually good blog. I have a bunch myself. I really admire your design. I know that is off matter however,did you make this design your self,or purchase from somewhere? Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like this.

linkwheel said...

Wonderful learn, I simply handed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he actually purchased me lunch because I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

Your weblog is fine. I just want to touch upon the design. Its too loud. Its doing manner an excessive amount of and it takes away from what youve bought to say --which I think is basically important. I dont know in case you didnt suppose that your words might hold everyones attention, however you had been wrong. Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.

so dep said...

Excellent information here. This attention-grabbing publish made me smile. Possibly when you throw in a couple of footage it's going to make the entire thing more interesting. Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I simply handed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he actually purchased me lunch because I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

Malcolm said...

Thanks for your article, pretty useful piece of writing.
check

sim số đẹp said...

I feel is basically important. I dont know if you happen to didnt suppose that your phrases could maintain everyones attention, however you had been wrong. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good source like this.

Sim 10 so said...

Properly, this is my very first go to in your weblog! We're a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new initiative in a community throughout the same niche. Your weblog supplied us helpful info to work on. You could have carried out a marvellous job! Anyway, in my language, there will not be a lot good source like this.

Sim viettel 10 so said...

Wonderful learn, I simply passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he really bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.

Sim viettel said...

People are always looking for natural ways to stay healthy and lower cholesterol. Chinese red yeast rice supplements has been touted as a safe and natural way to lower cholesterol than statins. Yeast, which grows particularly rice contains a family of substances called monocolins, which lowers cholesterol by blocking cholesterol production in the liver in the same way as prescription statins.

Sim viettel so dep said...

I've been making an attempt to Gain entry to this web site for a while. I used to be utilizing IE then once I tried bp claims, it labored just effective? Just wanted to bring this to your attention. bp claims is actually good blog. I have a bunch myself. I actually admire your bp claims. I know that is off matter however,did you make this bp claims yourself,or buy from bp claims? Anyway, in my bp claims, there are not much good supply like this bp claims.