Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Coffee Gives the Buzz in Health Care

I could have told you without the study, but the results are in:  Coffee is the fuel that keeps hospitals and doctors and nurses going, both day and night.  OK, I admit the study was commissioned by Dunkin' Donuts, but I believe the results because I have witnessed it.  Health professionals are more dependent on coffee than any other profession.

The national survey included more than 3,600 workers and the results showed the professions most dependent on coffee.  Here they are:
1.  Nurses
2.  Physicians
3.  Hotel Workers
4.  Designers/architects
5.  Financial/insurance sales reps
6.  Food preparers
7.  Engineers
8.  Teachers
9.   Marketing/public relations
10. Scientists

They also found that younger workers were more dependent on coffee and nearly one in four younger workers said they buy coffee as a way to treat themselves for a job well done.

Thirty seven % of workers said they drink two or more cups during regular day and 43% of younger workers said they have lower energy if they don't get their daily java jolt.

Many hospitals have a kiosk in the lobby that serves lattes or coffee and there is usually a line of health workers just waiting for their jolt.   I would like to see a study that looks at coffee drinking and sleep patterns.

My hypothesis is that people who get enough sleep don't drink as much coffee.

16 comments:

chickadee said...

I've also noticed that, here in Seattle, I drink a lot of coffee in midwinter, but sometimes don't even bother during the long days of summer.

KM said...

I don't get enough sleep but don't drink any coffee.

sim so dep said...

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article.

so dep said...

Improbable submit! This could aid a number of individuals discover out about this matter. Do you want to incorporate video clips together with these? It may undoubtedly assist out. Your motive was spot on and owing to you; I in all probability will not have to describe everything to my pals. I can merely direct them here. Anyway, in my language, there should not a lot good source like this.

apply for social security said...

I also drinking coffee every morning. It is true that most of people dependent on coffee in the morning. It is a nice work done by the national survey association.

sim so dep said...

It is a nice work done by the national survey association.

Toronto Criminal Lawyer said...

It is good that coffee gives the buzz in health care. Coffee has so many health benefits. Coffee protects against diabetes. Coffee increases the rate of endurance.

Chemsearch Australia said...

It is a good survey on professional people. Coffee has many health benefits. I also daily drinks coffee in the morning. Coffee reduces the risk of stroke.

top penny stock picks said...

coffee is good for health but more coffee is also bad for health. It is very helpful for reduce risk of stroke. I always drink a coffee.

convert vob to wmv said...

I like to eat coffee, It is very healthy for health. It can improve blood circulation I also drinking coffee every morning.

buy P90X said...

This article gives the light that we can observe in reality. This is a very nice one and gives indepth information. Thank you for this beautiful article.

scooter shops said...

This article gives the light that we can observe in reality. This is a very nice one and gives indepth information. Thank you for this beautiful article.

Promosyon said...

I don't much idea about coffee. But it is true that most of people dependent on coffee in the morning. I also drink it.

windows 7 password reset said...

I like to eat coffee, It is very healthy for health. It can improve blood circulation I also drinking coffee every morning.

play bus said...

I always drink coffee. It is very harmful to our body as well as skin benefit. I used to drink coffee 1-2 times in day. After drinking it I feel fresh and relaxed.

Reset Windows 7 Password said...

Coffee is my best choice.