- Lose it! This is a great app for dieters. It is easy to use and intuitive and you can track your caloric intake and exercise. Just set your goal and how many calories you want to eat a day and it maps out how long it will take you to get there.
- EyeChart I've never had the chance to use it with patients but it looks like it would work well.
- Speed Bones Lite (Quiz) For those of us who still like to test ourselves on anatomy. Name the bones while the clock is ticking. I do pretty well on this one!
- PoWorkout A cool app that takes you through an entire fitness workout with video on how to do it right and info on what muscle groups are working. Abs, cardio, total body. It's all here.
- MPR This app has a lot of drug information, prescribing, doses, interactions arranged by organ system or with a simple search function. Its better than carrying around a PDR and easier for me to use than epocrates which requires me to sign in each time I want to look something up.
- ICD9pcp I love this app. I'm constantly having to look up ICD9 codes and this really helps me out.
- Fluid Just a cool little app that calms me down.
- Bump What's not to like about an app that allows you to exchange contact information by just bumping phones.
- AwesmFacts If you like trivia, you will like this app.
- Merck Manual Home Edition Curious about a symptom or a medical term you heard? you can find everything in the Merck Manual. Treatments for injuries and emergencies are all here.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Cool Medical Apps
We spotted a Coyote in our backyard, laying near some outdoor lawn chairs. When we approached she did not jump up and run, as would be...
image from myaspiebrain Nothing like experiencing a medical condition first-hand to really help a doctor understand it from the patient...
The answer to yesterday's Image Challenge was #2 - Fordyce's angiokeratomas. Like many unusual medical names, the condition was...
Hey, I'm easing back into the blog world after a fun trip to NYC. If you are a Doctor or ever thought you'd enjoy the world of Med...