Monday, January 24, 2011

Wall-Mart Pushes Healthy Food

The retail giant Wal-Mart has announced it will start selling healthier food by reducing salt and sugar and eliminate trans fats in packaged foods.  They also promised to drop prices on fresh fruits and vegetables and to build Wal-Mart stores in low-income neighborhoods.  Wal-Mart plans to design a special logo to help its consumers identify healthier food options.  Siding with First lady Michelle Obama and her campaign to build a healthy America and reduce childhood obesity,  Wal-mart has pledged to make thousands of the packaged food items that it sells to be more healthful and affordable by 2015.

Let me applaud Wal-Mart for a socially responsible position.  Millions of Americans shop at Wal-Mart for groceries as well as just about everything else.  They have a huge influence on the shopping habits of Americans and they also influence manufactures and suppliers due to their market clout.   Wal-Mart is often the only option for people that are struggling financially. (And these days that is a lot of people!)

I am tired of jaded, critical pundits that can't ever applaud a good act.  Rush Limbaugh said on his radio show, "So now, Mooch-elle Obama, the First Lady, is now in charge of what you eat at Wal-Mart and what it costs.  ...his  (Obama's) wife shows up there the other day and has somehow bullied or pressured Wal-Mart, which already sells things for low prices, into selling healthy food at lower prices..."

According to Fox Business, Freedom Watch, "The president, through his wife of all people, says to Wal-Mart, 'start selling what we want you to sell, or we'll make it illegal for you to sell the other stuff.'"

Can't we just give Wal-Mart credit for doing the right thing?  Do we have to point fingers, criticize and politicize every act?  Does no good deed go unpunished?

 I hope it ends up being a good business decision and that Wal-Mart sparks other corporations to start thinking of the consumer and how they can have an impact on the rebuilding of America.  As to the critics?  Get a life!

21 comments:

KM said...

Rush Limbaugh is certainly not the example of good healh in that pic with that fat cigar.

Online roulette said...

These all announcement are really very great for the wal mart can be announced for the packaged foods i really like all these things which is great.

gradydoctor said...

You rock, Toni.

lavender oil said...

They have a huge influence on the shopping habits of Americans and they also influence manufactures and suppliers due to their market clout.

Anonymous said...

And Wal-Mart will start selling food healthier by reducing salt, sugar and degreasing in canned foods. They promised too low prices on fresh fruits and vegetables and Wal-Mart building stores in low-income neighbourhoods.

wireless high speed internet providers said...

And Wal-Mart will start selling food healthier by reducing salt, sugar and degreasing in canned foods. They promised too low prices on fresh fruits and vegetables and Wal-Mart building stores in low-income neighbourhoods.

Jack said...

Chances are the calcium supplement you are taking now is a rock source of calcium. The label will say "calcium carbonate", which is nothing more than limestone. AlgaeCal Plus contains an organic, plant-sourced calcium form derived from a unique South American marine algae called Algas Calcareas™.

r4 ds said...

This is really nice article.Every one wants healthy food.Th9is is nice that it makes a healthy food packets.

remax henrico va said...

Retail giant Wal-Mart announced it will start selling healthy food by reducing salt and sugar and eliminate trans fats in packaged foods.It is really nice.

link wheel said...

I used to be questioning if you want to be a visitor poster on my web site? and in exchange you might embrace a hyperlink your publish? Please reply once you get a chance and I'll send you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good supply like this.

so dep said...

Wonderful learn, I simply handed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he truly bought me lunch as a result of I discovered it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good supply like this.

sim so dep said...

I was in search of crucial info on this subject. The knowledge was essential as I am about to launch my very own portal. Thanks for offering a lacking link in my business. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

sim so dep said...

I was in search of crucial info on this subject. The knowledge was essential as I am about to launch my very own portal. Thanks for offering a lacking link in my business. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good source like this.

Facebook Tag Pictures said...

Packaged retail giant Wal-Mart has announced it will begin selling food healthier by reducing salt and sugar and remove fat in food. Also promised to lower prices for fruit and vegetables and Wal-Mart building stores in low-income neighbourhoods.

gccf said...

Have you ever thought-about adding extra videos to your blog posts to maintain the readers extra entertained? I mean I just read by way of your complete article of yours and it was fairly good but since I am more of a visible learner,I found that to be extra useful effectively let me know how it seems! I love what you guys are all the time up too. Such intelligent work and reporting! Sustain the good works guys I've added you guys to my blogroll. It is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.. I'll visit your blog recurrently for some latest post. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good supply like this.

bp claims process said...

Took me time to read all of the feedback, but I really loved the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters right here! It's always good when you can not solely be informed, but in addition engaged! I'm positive you had pleasure penning this article. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.

bp claims process said...

Took me time to read all of the feedback, but I really loved the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters right here! It's always good when you can not solely be informed, but in addition engaged! I'm positive you had pleasure penning this article. Anyway, in my language, there aren't a lot good supply like this.

bp claims said...

Can I make a suggestion? I believe youve obtained one thing good here. But what for those who added a pair links to a page that backs up what youre saying? Or maybe you might give us something to have a look at, something that might connect what youre saying to something tangible? Just a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not much good source like this.

Orlando Fl Golf Communities said...

Wal-Mart, will announce its plan to revamp its line of food products in an effort to provide more healthy food options. It is really good news for us that they decides to change.

learn spanish free said...

Wall mart retailer start selling healthier food which contains less amount of salt and sugar and not contains fat. Through your post people can understand more about wall mart products.

www.crearpaginaweb.com said...

It won't work in actual fact, that is exactly what I suppose.