Thursday, August 25, 2011
Ten Things to Do Before Summer Ends
1. Buy luscious fruit at a local farmer's market. The tomatoes, corn, peaches, nectarines and plums are in full bloom. Buy local and enjoy tastes that need no extra sugar or seasoning. (I just ate the best cantaloupe I have ever tasted from our local market. I didn't even know I liked cantaloupe)
2. Put on your favorite music and dance like no one is watching. (Hey, no-one really notices except your teenage kid and who cares!)
3. Take a family (or best friend) day drive to a town or place you haven't seen. (Be bold and spend the night at a cheap hotel with a pool, even if you have no reservations)
4. Get out in nature. (Go on a trail walk, hike through the woods, take a picnic to the park)
5. Invite friends over for desert. ( No need to worry about dinner entertaining. Wine and desert are perfect and stress free)
6. Walk barefoot in the sand or on lush grass.
7. If you haven't taken a vacation, plan a "staycation". (Take a week off work and sleep late, turn off the phone and computer, read a trashy novel and play with the kids or your friends.)
8. Make a bread salad using farmers market or home grown tomatoes and bakery crusty bread.
9. Buy fresh flowers for yourself and for a friend or neighbor (surprise them for no reason)
10. Watch a sunset or a moonrise (or both). (For phases of moon see right side of this blog.)
I love summertime.
Posted by Toni Brayer, MD at 10:21 AM