Wednesday, October 5, 2011

This Weeks Medical Challenge

Avert your eyes if you can't stand this weeks Medical Challenge  from the New England Journal of Medicine.  Click on the image for a better view.

This Patient is being treated for an endocrine disease.  What is it?
1.  Acromegaly ("giantism")
2.  Cushing's disease (excess cortisol)
3.  Graves' Disease (hyperthyroidism)
4.  Hashimoto's thyroiditis (a thyroid disorder)
5.  Type 1 diabetes

  The answer will be posted tomorrow so post your diagnosis in the comment section, smarty pants!

(In case you wondered...I did get it right.)


Raymond Bouchayer said...

Its ...........2 ?

Solitary Diner said...

I vote for Graves' disease. (I'll be embarrassed if I'm wrong given that I just finished my endocrinology rotation!)

chicago real estate said...

The diseases are very big problems now a days, because one person is fighting with too many diseases and no one can give a rite suggestion.

Toni Brayer, MD said...

chicago real estate: nice spelling, spammer!

Kate said...

I vote for type I diabetes....

Buy A Degree Online said...

Oh ! no this is so terrific this weeks medical challenge. This man suffering from endocrine disease. This diseases are disorders of the endocrine system. According to research diabetes is the most common endocrine disease in United States.