Seven Tips for Healthy 2012 Planning
- If you are 50 or older and haven't had a colonoscopy, schedule one in 2012. It's time!
- Go online and check your Body Mass Index (BMI). If you are too high, plan and execute on that diet. (contact me for a diet coach referral if needed)
- Get rid of sugar and soft drinks. Stevia is a natural sweetener that is safe and yummy. The average American eats 160 lbs of sugar a year. Break the sugar habit in 2012
- Stop smoking. For motivation go here.
- Relax your mind. Start yoga, meditative dance, meditation. These practices have been shown to lower blood pressure and general stress.
- Send one thank you note a week. That is 52 notes in 2012. You can send it to your child, co-worker, grocer, doctor, spouse or even an acquaintance. The act of thanking and reaching out to others is healing for both sides.
- Become an activist. Find one cause that you feel passionate about and get fully involved. Here are some to consider, but there are hundreds of other great organizations and it has to be your own interest.