Monday, October 15, 2012

EverythingHealth Diagnostic Challenge

Hello Readers,
This weeks Image Challenge from The New England Journal of Medicine is a good one.  Also it is pretty common.  The patients symptoms developed over a few hours and she came to the Emergency Room.  Is it:

1.  Angioedema
2.  Facial palsy
3.  Frey's syndrome
4.  Parotid adenoma
5.  Parotitis

 Make your best diagnosis in the comments section and the answer will be posted tomorrow.


Cary McNeal said...

I have no diagnosis, but I am wondering if Frey's syndrome is named after Glenn, and is a compulsion to write crappy music.

gradydoctor said...


Hope you're doing well. I always love that you post these.

KM said...

Facial palsy

Raymond B said...

My answer is #2 Facial Palsy.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna go with angioedema